Monday, January 11, 2010

First Roller Ride, Old Cycling Gear.

So last night Susan (girlfriend) was cruising some of the local online used classifieds when she stumbled upon a what looked to be a mint set (dunno if they would actually be called a set) of tacx rollers with Mag adaptor at a really good deal. Once in a lifetime opportunity, so I immediately called up the phone number listed and within a little while I was on my way over to check it out. When I arrive I was pleased to see that it was indeed in brand new condition. All the rollers were smooth and the bands had just recently been replaced! I bought it right then and there.

When I got it home I set it up in my hallway, donned an old bucket helmet, t-shirt and a sweet pair of early 90's Riders Cycles cycling shorts. Here are some pictures!






I started off to a very shaky start and had to hold the wall and use a chair next to me to hold on to, but as of an hour ago I can ride it with both hands on the bars without having to grab the wall! It still takes a lot of concentration to not fly off them, but I hope that will improve in time. Maybe I'll be able to read a book or watch tv and ride it at the same time eventually!!!

If you are interested in getting into touch with your inner equilibrium and burn off some training time, feel free to come into Riders and see us. We can get in brand news rollers in under a week. Plus rollers last longer than a trainer as well as making you a better rider through balancing. Shayne and myself can attest to how much fun rollers are!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet rollers Colin...better shave those legs if you're turning into a roadie though...

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?