Friday, May 22, 2009

Demo Bikes in stock, come get them...

I've domoed a couple of our demos in the last couple of weeks. So far I've tried the Trek Remedy, and the Specialized FSR XC. Both are nice bikes in their own way, the Remedy is a light but yet burly all-mountain bike that climbs surprisingly well even without a travel adjust up front. The Remedy shines when you point it downhill though and the suspension is very plush, and bob-free and maintains it's pedaling ability even when it's dialed wide open. I know the rear suspension platform (abp full floater) from my Trek Fuel EX-8 and I'm still a huge fan of the full floating linkage and the concentric-to-the-axle bearing placement. The only issue I can say I have with the Remedy is the cockpit. It's seems strange to me to run a two-bolt stem on an all-mountain/freeride bike like that and this is the same issue I have with the Fuel. Also the stock Bontrager grips are awful and the saddle is not good either. These are small issues and easy to er - remedy. cough cough...
The Specialized FSR XC is a nice XC bike. Perhaps it is bordering on being a light all mountain bike. In fact, it's quite capable at the Dump. The FSR XC has a nice geometry for a XC bike and is fairly slack in that category with a 68,5 degree headtube angle. This makes the bike quite versatile and even though it certainly shines on the climbs and the fireroads, it's not bad on the downhill either. I did not really have any issues with the FSR. It's a great bike, that comes well equipped from the factory and it's a bike that does what it is designed for well.

I enjoyed both bikes and now YOU can try them too. We also have a Demo Stumpjumper, EX-8 and a Safire (will be built soon).

2 comments:

  1. You decided yet on your replacement Halldor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah not really...Kind of thinking of the Remedy just bcause of a very good prodeal on it. I like the idea of the Nomad, but not the price...

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?