Sunday, March 1, 2009

A customers new ride...



I just thought I'd share a picture of a new Trek Madone that was built for a customer yesterday. The frame is a 47cm. And I think it's compact lines look fantastic. The customer can not comfortably use a drop bar, so a carbon riser, (yes... riser), bar was installed along with a new set of shifters, brake levers and a higher-rise stem. As I was looking at the parts prior to install, I thought it was sacralige to put a riser bar on a road bike as nice as this one. But as soon as the stem and bar were installed I loved it! The tiny frame combined with the new cockpit reminds me of a 50's cafe racer. I think the bike looks badass like this... plus with a frame this small it almost looks like one could take the bike dirt-jumping... not that one would of course...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?