Friday, March 6, 2009

Cycling BC Citizen License for Landed Immigrants/Permanent Residents

Hey guys,
so i had an interesting conversation with Richard this morning regarding licenses for landed immmigrants or permanent residents...apparently he was havig some issues acruing one. Here's the skinny on it. There have been some rule changes this year regarding the licensing, however i spoke with CBC and IF you are a landed immigrant as long as you've lived here for at least 6 months out of the year then they just need a photocopy of your landed immigrant status card, passport, and you need to check off that you have health care coverage in BC. So, yes you can race, it's just going to take a little more paperwork for you than most. This also applies for a UCI license as well.
That is all,
Chev

1 comment:

  1. Has anyone noticed that getting parts for older bikes is really getting to be a problem? Each time I go to get parts for my bike, I am disappointed in the access to parts. I know that my bike a hardtail devinci is not the greatest in hukk and chuck but I cannot believe the speed in which parts disappear. I need some hydro brakes and the old HFX series is dead and gone and all the so call 'fits' by Shimano(ha ha), Avid, and others, there are really only three are not there. So all I can say is that, I should be buying a milling and lathe machine so I do not have to count on the shops or suppliers....By the way, I know the shops work hard at keeping the parts, but the big companies do not want to supply them

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?