Monday, March 2, 2009

google petition for bike friendly maps...


There's currently a petition going on the intranet pushing for google to add "bike there" to their "drive there" and "take public transport" options on google maps. To sign the petition follow this link. This option would offer cyclist the fastest route and also take into account other options such as the safest route, or most bike friendly route where bike routes and bike lanes would be utilized.
this is a really interesting petition and would be great for cyclists visiting other cities. I for one have always wanted to take my bike on the train down to Portland for the pedalpalooza. That bike festival is huge and Portland is supposed to be one of the bike friendliest city in North America. But even with that distinction, I think that having everything mapped out on google before I got there would make things a lot easier. So check out the petition, sign it if you feel so inclined and hopefully google will add this feature.

On a side note I'd like all you facebook users to sign up for the alleycat on facebook. Either as attending or maybe, or not attending... this will give me a better idea of how many people are going to show up and then I can take that number to the pubs and see if we can get a Viking Cat special on beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?