Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Bootie Gospel

One of the best things for tackling the wet west coast commutes are booties. Nothing sucks more then showing up at work after the morning ride only to suffer the whole day in wet socks. Bring an extra pair of socks you might say, and sometimes I remember to do that but usually I don't. Before, this would be a huge problem but not anymore because I've got my booties. So all worries of wet feet dissipate as I slip on the black and yellow shoe smocks. Do they make me look like a goof? Yes they do, but they work great and I'm willing to suffer the fashion faux pas. Let's face it, how cool do I look anyway on a 22 year old Raleigh with full wrap metal fenders and fender extenders? Not very cool at all, would be the answer to that question and therefore I wear my booties with pride.
Most of us at the shop wear the Resistor booties from Sugoi. They're lightly insulated, wind and waterproof, which makes them great for cold weather riding as well as riding on those rainy days so common in the pacific Northwest. A good bootie should be in any commuters arsenal along with a waterproof jacket, and a skull cap to name but two.

"Booties are my saviour, I don't care how gay they look"- Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?