Friday, January 30, 2009

What a fine picture of a Rainier bottle

So, I came across the photo below on the bike snob's page:
I immediately thought: "How can I get away with posting this on the Rider's blog?" Well, since I'm a Raleigh owner (yes my rain bike/commuter tank is a 1987 Raleigh Record) I knew about the resurrection of Raleigh down in the states. Unlike here in in Canada and Raleigh's native UK, the bikes in the states are not to be sneezed at. Whereas in Canada and the UK they're just cheap, heavy, and altogether unappetizing pile of mangled aluminum and steel sold at Canadian tire and the comparable junk mongers in the UK. In the states they actually have some interesting models, moderately priced and made (assembled) in Seattle. See their site here, and their blog here. Since I follow their blog I knew about the Raleigh Rainier Singlespeed cross bike (yes Tyler single speed, not fixed gear), and LO! there's my bike connection and therefore I can post the above artistic portrait of a beer bottle without the hint of shame. Haha!
Check out the full story here.
On a side note, you used to be able to get Rainier at Logan's for a very moderate price, but I have to say I'm more of a Lucky or Pacific man myself. But perhaps we should hava a stop at Logan's on Pedal and a Pint night just to experience the splendour of the Pacific NW brew. Cough cough...

4 comments:

  1. Is that the Raaaaaaaaaaiiiineeeeeeeeeer beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this, a white single speed Raleigh?

    It just seems so perverted. It made me think that the owner must be some sort of a traitor to some good cause, but then I realized that you are a foreigner given that strange assembly of letters depicting your name... so it all makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genghis, yes it is a Rainier beer,
    what is so perverted about a singlespeed, white Raleigh? I think it makes relatively good sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, remember when there were great herds of wild Rainiers roaming the great PacNW?
    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?