Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bad Marketing

I don't know if it's just me, perhaps I'm just so rotten and twisted but I just find the above product to be poorly named. It's a lock that's marketed towards children or at least parents, and it has just the worst product name ever conceived. It's made by Abus, which is supposed to be pronounced like "a bus" but someone as simple as me or someone a little less informed might think it would be pronounced sort of like the word "abuse." If someone makes that mistake and is browsing through Abus's catalogue and giggling, the giggle would stop and be replaced by discust when they'd come across the name for this product. "My First Abus."
What was going on in the Abus headquarters (giggle giggle) when they thought of this name? At some point you must simply stand up and say: "Ok guys, I can't take it any longer. There is NOOO!!! way that we can use this name for that lock, and if you don't see why, you should probably have a little more coffee in the morning or a little less scotch in the evening."

By the way we con't carry these locks at Rider's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?