Saturday, February 21, 2009

Reigning RSCT trophy winner Halldor hangs onto the cup for yet another ride....


So Mitch, Baker, Halldor and i all went for an impromptu night ride last night....a night ride that was full of people definitely NOT at a level one could call "fit" (that's NOT fit Claire! Myaha!So come out and play!) so the night was crisp and beeeeautiful, and i was able to take it all in, slowly, as my lungs attempted to cut my body off from that pesky gas called oxygen. We did a bit of a different route from usual, meandering up the fireroad to the top of jelly roll(where i achieved a bird-shaped bruise due to leg/frame interactions), then ran down to northridge, sidewinder, who's yer daddy, night shift, short cut(where upon Halldor had a mighty viking crash down the left side of the first rock roll and injured his wing...VIKING DOOOOWN!!!!) , shock treatment into the TTA....i have to say i'm becoming quite the fan of night riding. i don't know what i'm going to do when i can see more than a 3' circle of fuzzy light in front of me. Something about night riding makes you do stupider things that you'd usually bypass, makes you look up at the stars and breifly forget that irriatating burning-lung syndrome you picked up somewhere between the last vestiges of summer and the first chilly winds of winter (too wordy for you Jamie?...too bad!). in short...suck it up, buy a light and come join the silent masses....oh did i mention you rarely run into other riders on the mountain...oh yes...if your local hill is crowded during the day, then go by night and find a whole new mountain to play on!
that is all

2 comments:

  1. Well Siobahn...alittle wordy, but it has inspired me to install and charge my lights. I will make my way to the dump on Tuesday night say 6ish and I will hope that the pesky oxygen you speak of will inflate my winter weary lungs to ROAD capacity. And the hills I will summit as if I were a Sherpa and the dump was Everest...and maybe you YOLP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I meant to say maybe you will hear MY Viking YOLP!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?