Friday, February 27, 2009

GET READY FOR VIKING CAT!!!


The Viking Cat has been mapped out for the most part. I have a few changes to make here and there, but it's pretty much set up. I rode the course last night and it took me just over 42 minutes. That's not stopping too much but not riding super fast either. I did however, kind of know where I was going and did not have to look for clues. So I think that fast riders should be able to finish the race in about an hour or so, and the less speedy ones about an hour and 20-30 min. The cat will be almost entirely based on clues, that is, you'll have to find the answer to a question in any given place, find an object etc. This is because I want all of my bike people to ride instead of standing around and making people do the "running man" all night or any other chore that is only achievable with a warm jacket and copious amount of a fermented alcoholic beverage.
That said, (or written) There might be one stop, where I will personally present you with a skill testing question, or punish you in any way I feel is appropriate. The focus is primarily on the fun factor though and there will be beers to quench the thirst of weary racers. I'm currently in negotiations with a couple of respectable proprietors supplying us with a secure area for sweaty cyclists so we should be able to stretch our legs and put the liver to work in a bike friendly atmosphere.
As is customary in alley cat races, there will be an award for: First place and DFL (Dead Fucking Last) as well as the oddball "Geoffrey award" for best costume or best spill, or something that Geoffrey deems worthy of reward.The Race will take place on Wednesday the 11th of March at 7:30pm, so get your commuters/beer bikes/road bikes/bikes ready. Costumes are encouraged but not necessary. The excuse: "I don't have a bike for the race" will not be accepted as valid, and keep in mind that the Geoffrey award (and probably the DFL) may go to a person that rides their 7 inch fully in the race wearing a tutu.
check out the Facebook group as well: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5096454443&ref=ts#/event.php?eid=53468706913

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?