Monday, February 9, 2009

Fixed gear revenge



I came across this video at the good folks of Raleigh Commutes. Seems like I was not the only person to take a bad spill this weekend. Mine was an exceptional art of fixed gear revenge as I tried to throw down a fat skid with my left leg as the brake (I'm much better at using the right.. but even so I'm a beginner with this fixed gear stuff). the Bianchi revolted and my left thigh hit the bars and I soon found out that my eyebrow and chin are, in fact, not tougher than your average Victoria pavement. So after riding home, wiping the blood of my glasses every once and awhile so I could see, I was forced to pay my good friends at Royal Jubilee Hospital a visit and they stitched my face together with great skill and swiftness. Ahh...the joys of the school of hard knocks. Perhaps I'll learn one day, but I'm not sure. You learn by doing, and my doings tend to be a Little on the crazy side. Two injuries in four months is a little too much though and I hope this trend is over with...
But since these bruises are only cosmetic, they won't be standing in the way of me going nightriding on Tuesday, so I'll see you there.
Selah,
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?