Friday, February 6, 2009

Coffeeee!!! Give it to me now!!!

The Concentration is all-encompassing..
and so is the joy...

“Do I like my coffee black? There are other colors?”

A momentous event took place in the staff room at Rider's on the third of February, 2009: Mitch made his first ever pot of coffee in a drip coffee maker. He did this under my expert guidance and showed that he has the potential to consistently pour a splendid cup of Joe. As Mitch mentioned in a previous post he believes that we are making a full blown caffeine junkie out of him, so the thought crossed my mind to feel bad about teaching him the tricks of the trade. But I washed that thought away like dirty old coffee grounds from a reusable filter. "Typical junkie behavior," I thought; blaming the circumstances and somebody else for his own addictions.
Sure, rider's is perhaps not the best atmosphere to be around if you want to stop drinking coffee. But imagine a place in the city where it would be suitable to stop drinking coffee. I can't personally think of one but I know it would be a dull place. Dull dull dull...dull like Stephen Harper dull.

“Remember, even if you don't love coffee, coffee loves you.” ~ Alex Gottschalk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Or just want to rant?